Friday, January 27, 2012

Carlos, the entertainer

Everybody always tell me that Carlos is going to be a famous entertainer one day.  More exactly, he is going to design rides for Disney or for fairs.  He has always been fascinated by rollercoasters and all kind of wild ride and he loves to recreate them here at home.  He has a big imagination and he wants to do lots of things that we cannot do here at home.  His brain is always working on ideas and we feel bad for not being able to help him bring them to life.  He sees things in a different way than other kids.  Any kind of color light is good for rides like Splash Mountain, the office chairs are excellent for spinning kids and adults widly.  He is lucky to have been born at this time, when any music he desires to hear is available in YouTube.

I usually go crazy about all this. At any time, one room of our house is being used by Carlos for a ride. He uses all kinds of things for props.  Everything he sees reminds him of something in a ride and he wants to use it. I think we are the only family with two giant plastic garden carts in our family room.  I try to encourage him to use the garage but it usually gets hot, even at this time of the year and he begs to let him do it inside.  He has done The Cat in the Hat ride from Universal in his room, making a real mess and guiding kids in chairs with wheels while he plays the music and recites the verses.  He has made Halloween rides, (at any time of the year) with strobe lights and scary music, water rides, and right now he is into Space Mountain.  I rode the one he made yesterday and it was good but he spinned the chair too much.  Today, all the kids in the cul the sac were outside and he immediately made one in the garage. The kids came running and waited patiently for their turn at the ride.  I was nervous, thinking the chair was going to fall and one of the kids was going to get hurt.  I was working in the computer and I could hear screams the whole time. They always encourage Carlos to make more and to make them as wild as possible. I kept going to the garage to ask Carlos to be gentle but I am sure he made them spin fast as soon as I went inside.  I really hope people are right and all these messes in rooms are worth it.

No comments: