Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 2013

Life is still very hectic and I never have enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do.  I just came back from Mexico and I am trying to catch up on housework and emails.  It has been 3 months since my dad had surgery to correct a blockage on his intestines.  He is now able to eat but he is still recovering.  He is frail and is still very skinny.  He says he does not feel like eating but I saw him eat well when I was there.  He ate a lot and he seemed to enjoy the food. 

Don took very good care of Carlos and Titi and all the cats.  We are taking care of many cats and now we are feeding a raccoon too.  He is hurt and is not able to use one of his legs (arms?) so he cannot hunt for food.  He is very cute and I hope he is going to get better soon.  Today I found him taking a nap on top of the wall/fence.  I thought he was sick but he woke up when I called Princess.  She was on top of a tree and she came to see me.  I also had Big Boy, Comet, Big Mamma and the new black cat.  I need to catch the black cat to have him neutered or spayed and then I will release him back there.

Titi is playing softball and the season is going to end in early May.  She has gotten better but she still has to practice more during the week.  She is going to play for her school next year and I am sure she is going to do very well.

Carlos is so tall now!  He has grown a lot and his voice is deeper.  He is happy to be finished with the FCAT exams. 

Don's birthday is on Thursday but we are going to celebrate over the weekend.  Titi has a game that day so we won't be able to go to dinner.  Nobody is in the mood to really celebrate since Paul is sick.  We all feel so bad for him and everybody in the family.  We hope he will feel better soon.

No comments: