Sunday, July 09, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth

I was able to see Al Gore's movie yesterday and I hope more people will get to see it. I am already a fan and believer of Al Gore so I knew the movie was going to have a big impact on me. Last year, after reading his book, Earth in the Balance, I tried to change and I became a little greener. I stopped eating meat (although I buy it for Don), worked harder in my garden, tried not to use many products made with petrochemicals, etc. Now I am hoping I will be able to do more because I don't want Carlos and Titi to have to suffer the consequences of our denial and opposition to change. I wish I could stop driving but there is no public transportation in our area. I wish we could move to a place where we could walk or use public transportation. The only thing I can really do now is to get rid of most of our lawn. It is cut with a giant gas mower and I have read that it pollutes the air

1 comment:

Gosia and Henny said...

Hi Carmen

Your writing about Al Gore's book made me curious and you even mention there is a movie about it. I have never heard about his book and the movie but it made an impact on you.
What is it all about?
greetings
Henny