Monday, October 20, 2008

Fresh food


Green Cay Produce, the CSA where we buy our fresh produce has started to distribute this season's boxes and we are loving it. Last week we got a watermelon and when we opened it we were very surprised to see it was yellow! Carlos and Titi loved it! I do not like watermelon but I tasted it a little.

It was a hit at Don's office and at the plant swap that I attended over the weekend. Everybody kept asking me where I got it and they all said it was very good. I love the fact that buying from a community supported farm let us taste different varieties of produce and fruit. They are so different from the commercial grown varieties.

We also got fresh black eyed peas and Titi loved shelling them. It was a lot of work but she is very good at finishing tasks. I cooked them with some chaya from the garden and onions, tomatoes and some canadian bacon. They were very good!

No comments: