Friday, March 13, 2009

A quick trip to Mexico

Sometimes I get really homesick about Mexico. Well, mainly about the food and I crave the things I used to eat there. The closest I can get to Mexican food without going to Mexico is by shopping at La Reina supermarket in Lake Worth. It is more of a latin supermarket, founded by Colombian immigrants, but they have lots of things from Mexico. They sell sweet bread, tamales, chocolate and some authentic dishes.

The kids love going there because they have fun looking at all the "strange" vegetables and fruits they find there. We also get Mexican "paletas" or ice cream bars. I just wish it were closer to home....

Cactus leaves from Mexico

Chayotes






Zucchini flowers
Making juice with some grapefruits from La Reina. They were 9 for a dollar! I wish I had bought more since Don loves fresh juice. Titi only likes to help but she won't drink it.

1 comment:

MrsTourist said...

Hi,
thank you so much for your kind comments about La Reina Supermarket in Lake Worth. We hope to bring you all the mexican products you & your family love for many years to come with good quality and affordable prices.