Thursday, April 02, 2009

Another box on its way to Guatemala

Do you want to see something really scary?



This was our guest room back in February. I had just thrown in there all the Christmas decorations and all the donations I still had for Mayan Families and had closed the door! I had sent a box in December to Guatemala and another one in January and I still had so much stuff. One Monday night Don came home to tell me somebody was coming to stay there on Thursday. I wanted to scream! Thankfully, everybody took pitty on me and the guest ended up staying at Larry and Keri's.

Thanks to my birthday gifts from Mema and grandpa and Don and all the wonderful donations from family and friends, today I sent another box to Mayan Families. I sent all the educational toys and materials I had. I hope they will use them at the new Tierra Linda community center. Mayan Families is opening a preschool there, the first one in the town, and I can't wait to see some children using the materials. We packed every single inch in the box. We put lots of stuff inside the puzzle boxes and every space available was filled.


My helpers.

No comments: