Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Change

Sometimes I wonder if what I could do to help somebody could really mean something to the person and I hesitate and don't do it. I always regret it but then I do it again. That is something that I really want to change about me. Sometimes it is shyness, sometimes it is doubt that they will receive it or need it and sometimes it is just laziness, I guess.

Yesterday the kids and I we came back home to have lunch and we saw the people that cuts our lawn working in our garden. It was extremely hot and humid outside, almost 100 degrees and it felt more like 110 degrees. I felt bad for the people working and I thought about doing something and then I questioned if it was the right thing to do. I don't know why. Fortunately I decided to do something and I brought them water and sodas and asked them if they had had lunch and they said no. I came inside and prepared food for them and put some groceries in a bag and went outside to give it to them. They were so appreciative and they devoured the food in an instant. They ate like if they had not eaten in a long time. Maybe that is the way they normally eat of maybe they were really hungry. I am happy that for once I did something. Of course, I regreat all the other times I have done nothing. They have been cutting our lawn for more than 7 years so I have had plenty of opportunities to help, have thought of doing it and I have not done it. I really need to change that.

No comments: