Friday, June 26, 2009

Quick and easy pizza

I found a great recipe for pizza at allrecipes.com. It is easy and quick since you don't have to let it rise. It takes approx. 30-35 minutes from start to finish and very little work. The first time I made it Carlos ate half of it. Very surprising since he almost never eats pizza. He kept telling me it was delicious. Today I made it for all the little kids that were here at lunch time and they also liked it.
These are the directions from AllRecipes.com:
Ingredients:
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). (I baked mine at 390 because my oven is too hot) In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2.Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Add more flour if it is too sticky. (I used my hands to mix it and knead it a little in the same bowl) Let rest for 5 minutes.
3.Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. (I put cornmeal in my pizza pan and spreaded the dough directly on top of it) Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. (I baked mine for only 15 minutes. When I make a plain cheese pizza I usually add the cheese at the very end or it burns in my oven) Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments: